Lemon Drizzle Cake
- 110g Softened butter
- 170g The Sugar Tree Lemon Sugar
- 2 Large eggs at room temperature
- 170g Self-Raising flour
- 4 Tbsp Full milk
- Juice from 1 lemon (microwave for 15 seconds before juicing), plus 2 Tbsp Water
- 7 heaped Tbsp The Sugar Tree Lemon icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 C (160C Fan Oven)/ Gas 4
- Grease and line a 23x13x7cm cake tin
- Use and electric whisk to combine Sugar and Butter until creamy (Approx 2 minutes)
- Whisk in one egg, followed by a spoonful of flour. Then repeat with the other egg.
- Add Milk and combine
- Fold in rest of flour with a metal spoon
- Pour cake mixture into prepared tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Juice the lemon, then heat lemon juice/water mixture in the microwave for 45 seconds, and then stir in the icing sugar
- Remove Cake from Oven, and while still hot in the tin, pour 1/3 the lemon icing mixture over cake.
- Wait until Cake is Cold, heat up remaining icing mixture for 20 seconds in Microwave (or until just liquid) and pour over cold cake to create a glaze
- If you'd like to make the cake even more beautiful, sprinkle it with some Lemon Sugar and perhaps a little Lavender
Copyright: The Sugar Tree 2017