For the morning after the night before… a Morning Bloody Mary with a Chili Sugar Rim
Sometimes, you just need a great Bloody Mary in the morning and this is the recipe for just those days. While this recipe has all the standard ingredients needed to make a perfect drink, the chili sugar rim is what really puts it over the edge and makes it amazing. The sweet and spicy sugar hits your mouth and blends with the acidity of the tomato juice to get all of your taste buds dancing. This Bloody Mary should definitely be made for any future brunch you may have and for just about any other morning as well!
- 1 3/4 ounces vodka
- 4 ounces tomato juice
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 drops of Tabasco sauce
- 1 slice of lime
- 3 Tablespoons The Sugar Tree Chilli Sugar
- 2 Stalks of Celery
- Rub the lime slice around the rim of a tall glass and set aside.
- Pour the chili sugar onto a small plate and dip the rim of the glass into the sugar making sure to completely coat the rim - you want a nice thick layer of chili sugar to stick to the glass!
- Fill the glass with ice.
- In a separate bowl or glass, combine the vodka, tomato juice, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, horseradish and Tabasco.
- Mix everything together well and then pour into the chili sugar rimmed glass.
- Add the celery stalks as a garnish and drink immediately!
This recipe makes one glass of Bloody Mary but can easily make a whole pitcher if you do four to six times the recipe. Mix the ingredients in a large pitcher and keep refrigerated until you are ready to use it. The glasses can also be rimmed with the sugar ahead of time so they are ready to go when you need them!
You can garnish this Bloody Mary with so many things other than celery sticks. Try cocktail onions, olives, lemon wedges, lime wedges or chili peppers to begin with.
If you don’t want your Bloody Mary to be too spicy, try using our lemon sugar, lime sugar or even our ginger sugar. All of these flavors will compliment the Bloody Mary and make your friends ponder where that extra flavor is coming from!