Raspberry and Basil Mojito
- For the simple syrup:
- 56g The Sugar Tree raspberry sugar
- 56g The Sugar Tree basil sugar
- 112ml water
- Put it together:
- 60ml raspberry-basil simple syrup
- 60ml white rum
- 28g (5 to 6) frozen raspberries
- 4 basil leaves
- Sparkling water
- Start by making the simple syrup:
- In a medium size saucepan over high heat, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil. Immediately remove from heat and allow the syrup to cool. (tip: this syrup can last in the fridge for a month, so feel free to make a larger batch and store it in an airtight container for later use!)
- To make the drink, muddle together the frozen raspberries and basil leaves with the syrup in the bottom of a glass. Add equal part rum.
- Top with ice, and pour sparkling water to fill the rest of the glass. Give it a quick stir to blend all the ingredients, and serve immediately.
Copyright: The Sugar Tree 2017