Try this Delicious Flavoured Panna Cotta Recipe to bring a bit of zing to your day!
Everybody loves Panna Cotta, but there’s always a slight danger of ‘sameness’. Recipes typically rely on Vanilla to give them flavour and then often go on to mask it with a compote of fruits. This Panna Cotta Recipe, however, uses flavoured sugars to infuse an exciting tropical taste into the body of the dessert itself.
- 1 L milk
- 150 g The Sugar Tree ginger sugar
- 80 g The Sugar Tree orange sugar
- 80 g The Sugar Tree lemon sugar
- 30 mL (2 envelopes) unflavoured gelatin
- Set aside a small amount of the milk (about 200 mL) in a bowl. Add the gelatin powder, and allow the gelatin to bloom in the milk for about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the rest of the milk into a saucepan with the sugars. Give it a good stir, and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Once the milk begins to move slightly, turn off the heat and immediately move on to the next step.
- Add the bloomed gelatin to the warmed milk, and stir gently until it has completely melted into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture evenly into 6-8 ramekins (depending on their size). *TIP- if you’re planning to turn the panna cottas out from the molds, lightly oil them with coconut oil before you pour. Or, pick out some nice clear or brightly coloured ramekins, and leave them as-is, like we did!
- Refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight, until firm.
- Garnish with thin slices of your favourite tropical fruit and a sprinkle of lemon sugar, and serve immediately.
Panna Cotta is a fantastic blank canvas against which to try any individual (or a blend of) flavoured sugars. See what else we have available!