Mmmm Vanilla. There's pretty much nothing it can't improve with it's delectable, complex, almost umami base-notes. Here's a recipe that takes the average oat cookie to new heights of deliciousness by adding Natural Vanilla Sugar to the mix. And given that these Vanilla Oat Cookies are made from actual real-life oats, they are practically health food as well.
I know... another excuse to eat scrumptious things. You're welcome.
- 75 grams Jumbo porridge oats
- 75 grams Self-raising flour
- 75 grams The Sugar Tree Vanilla Sugar
- 75 grams Salted butter
- 1 tbsp Golden syrup
- 1 tbsp Milk
- Preheat oven to 180C (160C Fan oven)/ Gas mark 4. Line a baking tray with baking parchment or a silicon liner
- Sift the flour into a bowl
- Add rolled oats and sugar to bowl to complete dry ingredients
- Melt the butter and syrup in a saucepan, before it gets too hot add the milk and stir until heated through.
- Add to the dry ingredients above
- Mix until completely combined
- Use ice-cream scoop to place onto a baking tray
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes before removing from tray
Tips & Tricks:
As with most flour-based goods, the less time you spend working the flour, the more tender the eventual result will be, so mix these Vanilla Oat Cookies well, but until they are just incorporated properly, to get the best results.
Stock up the Pantry:
Get the ingredients that you need to make the cookies:
Variations on a Theme:
You can easily adjust these Vanilla Oat Cookies to almost any of the flavours we produce, simply by incorporating our flavoured sugars into the recipe. If you’d like to see what we have to offer, take a look here.
You could also use these cookies as the outside layers of an ice-cream sandwich. Then if you want to really go all-out, you could dip the sides of said sandwiches into Vanilla Sugar (or any of the other sugars we make) for extra gorgeousness and sparkle.